Monday, October 4, 2010

An Assignment: Notes

I took some notes! I don't really like taking notes, but over the years I have discovered that I am one of those people who learns by writing it down. Writing things down helps me remember it better. These are notes on the math chapters I have read through. In school today, I also read through the Critical Reading part of the book and answered some practice questions. It was really hard to focus during class time. I got about 70% [I scored myself using the SAT system; 1point for each question correct, 1/4 point deducted for each incorrect answer.] I thought I would get somewhere around 80%. I've always been really bad at reading comprehension because I tend to make assumptions about the text.

If your preparing to take the SAT...remember: In the Critical Reading section, use the text to answer the question. Don't make assumptions. The questions are about what is written, not your opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment